Our team can provide up-to-the-minute support on topical issues such as REACH consortia, Sustainability & Sustainable Development, Open Innovation & the latest grant assisted schemes to support business improvement, cost reduction and technological research & development.
For expert insights and analysis you can contact our business consultancy team, led by Jonathan Bourne. In addition to Coatings COMET, which is published monthly, we regularly produce Irfab Multi-client Studies and have conducted a wide range of proprietary single-client assignments.
General summary of expertise:
- Architectural and decorative paints
- Wood coatings
- Industrial coatings and refinish paints
- OEM - coil, can, automotive, electrocoat
- Protective and marine coatings - construction, maintenance and refurbishment
- Specialist paints, inks, adhesives and sealants
- Compliant technologies - waterborne, high solids, radcure, powder.
- Polymers and resins - acrylic, polyurethane, alkyd, polyester, epoxy, silicone
- Pigments and fillers - titanium dioxide, organic and inorganic colourants, carbon black, calcium carbonate, talc, barytes, speciality fillers and effect pigments, anti-corrosive pigments
- Solvents – coalescing, oxo alcohols, hydrocarbon and aromatic
- Additives – rheological dispersing and wetting agents, waxes, biocides, nanomaterials.
Some examples of single client assignments
- Raw material pricing
- The global market for an inorganic pigment
- Analysis of the European coatings resin market
- In depth analysis of the global market for a resin system
- Water soluble polymers in coatings
- Novel raw materials used in coatings
- Causes & effects of surface coatings damage.
- The European decorative coatings market
- Global Auto OEM market
- Automotive refinish in Europe
- Furniture coatings - global market
- Powder and Coil coatings in Europe & USA